Saturday, October 23, 2010

Sweet Potato



back in the garden after a long break and lots of pleasant surprises. Several big sweet potato (this one in the photo I discovered under the black plastic under the passionfruit vine), the perennial rocket is thriving, parsley is pulling through and the silverbeet has survived the extremely dry conditions.  The miniature peach has two little peaches on it, the mango is in flower and amaranth is everywhere. Must say I think the amaranth looks like a weed, but there you go.

Worked for several hours today for before having a break and taking my hat off- found this spider hitching a lift! can't say that I was very impressed and quickly shooed it away. There is a brown snake hanging out between us and the neighbour, so I did alot of clearing and mowing there today.